Tuesday 10 September 2013

Hello Goodbye

Hello! Welcome to Croissants and Kalashnikovs, a blog documenting my year abroad in France and Russia.


I'm Nick Slater, 20 years old and a student at the University of Nottingham. This is my first ever blog, and over the next twelve months I will be making videos, taking lots of photos and writing posts about my time abroad. A blog like this is a great way for my family and friends to stay updated and find out what I'm getting up to, but I also hope it appeals to anyone interested in France, Russia, travel, languages or teaching, and of course anyone else on their year abroad!


In my first video blog I explain my plans for my year abroad but just so that it's down in writing too...

September 2013 - April 2014  
English Language Assistant in Oyonnax, France

Oyonnax in relation to Lyon and Geneva


May 2014 - August 2014 
Volunteering and Internship/Language School in Russia

My plans for Russia may change but my job in France is certain and I'm leaving in just over a week's time! I've tried to sum up how I feel in the video and hopefully other language students watching will understand, but it's basically a time of very mixed emotions. But don't worry, the main feeling right now is definitely excitement!

I hope you enjoy the video, let me know what you think, and for even more updates you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram - https://twitter.com/nickmslater http://instagram.com/nickmslater#

My next update will come from my new room in France, à bientôt!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome and I especially love the title! (Post loads of photos of what you eat so I can get jealous and get new recipe ideas! ;P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! I've got Dan to thank for the title, and yes I meant to mention food! I definitely want to write about all the food and find some new recipes. I'll let you know if I find anything you should try out on Chew Camu

    ReplyDelete